The many hours of video explanations and demonstrations in this first part of the Dynamic Business Modeling course show how to build a core system model for most types of organisations and for many of the challenges they may face. However, this is just the first step on the path to developing a full professional skill in modeling.
In a final video for this course we look at what you should be able to do now and next steps for learning more.
You are not registered on this course
This course is just the first step on the path to developing a full professional skill in modeling. In the first video below we recap:
- a summary overview of where the core classes got to and the benefits of this approach
- an explanation of how to sell and explain dynamic models to others
- suggestions on how to get started on practical modeling, and how to continue building your own skills.
The second video below has additional comments regarding the extensions course.
As explained in the video …
- look first for relatively small issues to model, and work closely with the problem owner and close colleagues to be sure you have a model that works and solves the problem
- use this success to sell the practical value of dynamic models, and its speed, rigour and power compared with current approaches
- continue to build your skill with larger projects, reaching out to other modelers and seeking further resources
This Business Modeling course is supported by a series of Worksheets – one or more for each class. These are provided as Sysdea software models. You will need a Sysdea account to use these models. For our shorter courses access to Sysdea is provided for the duration of the course. For our full price self-guided option a voucher for 2 months access is provided.
There are no worksheets for this wrap-up section of the extensions course
When logged in and registered on this course additional resources are supplied on this tab - these are often in the form of Sysdea models that you can copy to your own account.
Free access for registered teachers
We support teachers in learning this approach to business modelling by providing access to our online course free of charge.
Low cost access for your students
The course includes many models and exercises that can be used with your students at no cost but for more in-depth learning we can also provide low cost access to the course videos and software for your students potentially saving you many hours of class time. Contact us today to discuss providing materials for your classes.
Register here for more information.