Learn How to Build Living Business Models
This is quite simply the easiest, fastest, most reliable method for building living business models to transform performance of any enterprise, function or challenge.
Living Business Models answer three critical questions:
- Why have we got to here?
- Where do we fear the future might take us?
- How do we get much better outcomes?
Example: a sales challenge facing a drug product worth millions of dollars to the company in question
Learn the method, skills and tools for building working models to answer these questions for any situation, in any organisation, large or small, at any stage in its life. Quickly identify actionable insights from our agile method to create huge value for your business.
People have talked about 'Business Models' for many years, but most popular frameworks are just descriptive - little more than abstract statues. You need models that actually work, doing what the real-world data does, and showing how your plans play out over time.
This is what living business models do - they are true simulations of reality.
To be clear - you can't build living business models with a spreadsheet! It simply cannot handle the interdependencies, intangibles and threshold effects that pervade real-world situations. But we now have a powerful, rigorous, fact-based method to get from any performance outcome back to the underlying system driving those results, and the Sysdea® software enables anyone to build models that match that system and mimic its behaviour with uncanny realism.
Do you need working, quantified models of your organisation, function or issue that explain its performance, and project likely future outcomes under varying policies?
Do you need models ...
- to help design the business system so it can perform strongly
- to win finance and support for your plans
- to manage the enterprise so it continually performs to its potential - safely!
- to help fix things when problems arise?
And do you want completely transparent models that show others in familiar language exactly what is happening and why, and where their own efforts impact on the wider system?
If the answer to any of these questions is 'Yes' then this course is for you
Our core course explains how to create working, quantified models of any enterprise, function or issue, by following our 'agile' modeling process:
- Specify how any measure or measures of performance has been changing up to now, and is likely to change in future
- Model how those performance outcomes depend on changing resource-levels - customers, staff, capacity, IT and so on
- Capture how all those resources grow or decline, depending on how fast they are being won and lost (this is the magic at the heart of a living business model)
- Complete the linkages that drive those changes, creating the working model
…and you will learn how to use such living business models to explain any performance changes and uprate that performance into the future.
The method simply uses the same principles we have always applied to managing cash to all other business resources - and joins them up!
For our self-taught course, you can start any time and follow your own schedule, guided by our automated messages. In each class you will:
- watch screen-show videos explaining key principles and demonstrating the model-building steps
- …and copy those steps to build the models yourself, using our easy browser-based Sysdea® software*
- use template models of the most common model structures needed, to save time in your modeling work
- check out many other example models that illustrate further learning
…and you have permanent access to all these videos and models.
* Two months access to Sysdea® is provided with the course. Thereafter, models remain accessible in read-only form, and your account can be reactivated at any time ($15/month).
Our instructor-led course guides you through this same process, but also offers:
a scheduled class time-table,
a forum for raising questions and discussions for each class and
weekly webinars, suited to East and West time-zones, for additional explanations, examples and Q&A.
You can also gain Certification by submitting assessed work.
You can use these new skills and tools immediately to tackle short-term challenges and opportunities in any part of your organisation. As you build these completely transparent models, you - and everyone you work with - will be able to see clearly what causes what.
You will be able to build strong, joined-up long-term plans much more quickly and easily than is possible with spreadsheets - whether those plans are for the organisation as a whole or for any function.
… and then you can use the same models to manage those situations continually as events unfold, linking them into existing reporting systems if required.
Working through all the videos, exercises and webinars for every class should only take about 4 hours per class. However, you can reduce this time by focusing on the key items only (which we explain how to do). As all materials remain available to you indefinitely, you can re-visit any classes and models at any time.
Certification and CPD
Our course management system records levels of activity on courses - i.e. access to course elements, quiz results and video durations watched. CPD certificate provided will be based on participation evidence.
We offer a limited money-back guarantee. If within a week of signing up for a course with instant access elements you decide that the course is not for you can request a refund. However, if our records show that you have accessed more than 15% of the course materials we reserve the right to make a pro-rata refund, based on the volume of materials accessed. No refund will be available if more than 50% accessed.